Top Bar

Photobucket

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Safe and Sound

So I was finally able to find the time to record a cover after many months. The first time I heard this song was in the car, I was driving home alone and I tried so hard to remember the lyrics so I could find in on google. I kept saying "Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound" over and over in my head till I got home. Haha! I found that it was by Taylor Swift and I couldn't believe it because it didn't sound anything like her previous songs. What a beautiful mashing of voices, The Civil Wars and Taylor are amazing on their own but together, I found it to be pure magic. I guess I'm a sucker for harmonies and haunting lyrics.

So as I've mention before, my tripod is broken so its been hard to make posts for Lookbook and YouTube but I've managed to shoot this cover with just my webcam, hence the bad quality of the video.

Forgive my take on the harmonies, Its more difficult than it sounds to blend your voice with your own voice so excuse the imperfection of it all. I'm just glad I was able to post a cover song again after a long time. Hopefully I can update it more often now and cover songs that are more up beat. 

I will also try my best to make covers of the songs people have requested, some of them are hard to learn on the guitar and hard to adjust to my vocal range so forgive me if I wont be able to do your requests but you are still welcome to give me other songs to choose from. I just want to thank everyone again for their support from the very beginning and for all the people who took the time to subscribe and share my videos on Facebook and Twitter. I really hope you like this song as much as I do! Thanks again everyone, love you all!


"Safe & Sound"
(feat. The Civil Wars)

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...

No comments:

Post a Comment