Top Bar

Photobucket

Monday, October 22, 2012

Homemade Ravioli

One of my greatest cooking achievements! It was fairly easy to make but it takes up so much time. Ravioli is basically stuffed pasta. You can stuff it with lots or different goodies, meat, veggies, and even cheese. In this case, I put all three of those into the ravioli I made. These have Gouda and maasdam cheese, ground beef, and spinach stuffed inside them. 

It probably took me 3 hours to fill up this container. I have to say, cooking is no joke. My left arm is throbbing because of the work I put into these. Haha! But hey, the outcome looks great. This of course goes with a simple tomato sauce and you have a complete meal.

Would you like to make some yourself? Here's how I made them:

Mix 3 cups of flour with 4 eggs and 1/4 cup of water until you form the dough. 
Knead for 10 mins and let rest for 20. 
The stuffing is just beef and spinach sauteed, let it cool then mix in grated cheese. 
Roll out the pasta dough and cut them into rectangles. 
Pull egg wash on the edges of the rectangle to act as a glue. 
Put the stuffing on one side then fold over and seal edges with your fingers. 

Cook the ravioli for about 15 minutes in boiling water then serve with a simple tomato sauce. 

There you have it! Sounds easy but make sure to anticipate the amount of work and time it actually takes. Good luck and have a happy tummy! :)

Here are some photos of the ingredients I used and my little sister demonstrating some parts for you guys. Hihihi







No comments:

Post a Comment