Top Bar

Photobucket

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Questions

The family has been doing a bit of cleaning in preparation of our big move to our new house. I came across a sealed letter addressed to me from De La Salle - College of Saint Beniled. It's strange to me thinking back, that CSB was only a fall back or a plan B in case I wasn't accepted into DLSU. 

Opening the letter and rediscovering that I had chosen Fashion Design and Merchandising as a course really made me think. Back then, my passion for all things fashion was not as clear to me as it is now. 

It made me think, how different would my life be right now if I had chosen to take this course instead of Communication Arts. Would I have thrived and excelled more? Would I have been more passionate and driven than I was? Would I be more sure today or would I have a clearer direction at this point had I taken the chance at a non traditional course? 

Questions I may never know the answers to. As much as I'd like to take it up now, things are much complicated than they were before.

But still, I'm thankful for the experiences I've had as a Communication Arts Major in DLSU. The things I learned and accomplished were once in a life time. The people I've met and hold dear, I wouldn't trade for a second chance at a course I find more suited to me. 

Maybe I get to live my fashion dream, maybe I won't. Only time will tell. First I have to walk up that stage in my toga and grab my diploma, and the rest will fall into place.

See you all on Saturday my fellow graduates! Congratulations and good luck all future endeavors! 




No comments:

Post a Comment